This week, Devin interviews Doug Goldstein, host of the podcasts Goldstein on Gelt and The Money Tree Investing Podcast. Devin and Doug talk about Doug’s new book, RICH AS A KING: How the Wisdom of Chess Can Make You a Grandmaster of Investing. It’s not just investing, but general financial concepts.
Chess involved both strategy and psychology. Throughout the episode, Devin and Doug explore the way that chess strategies can be applied to your personal finances. There are so many awesome takeaways, including:
- Thinking through your moves, and making decisions based upon facts, not emotions
- If you have a piece in danger, move it
- How to use your 16 pieces wisely
- The 64 strategies that can make you rich as a king
- Being aggressive doesn’t mean taking random chances
- Every move has to have a purpose
- You have to look at the whole board
Though he lives in Jerusalem, Doug practices US financial planning and has clients from the 8 million US citizens who live abroad. If that sounds like you, check out Doug’s professional website at Profile-Financial.com.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Devin and John’s free ebook: www.bigpictureretirement.net/steps
Doug Goldstein’s professional website at Profile-Financial.com
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show, and leave a rating and a review!
Do you have a question for a future Listener Questions episode? Submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.