This week’s episode is full of useful information and fascinating stories about one of the most complicated family situations: second marriages.
There is so much to consider: social security benefits, pensions, other benefits, children, houses, long-term care insurance, and much more.
Steps you need to take before you have a second, or subsequent, marriage:
- Take a good look at the person you are marrying, including their financial situation.
- Consider your current situation, including any benefits that come from your previous marriage.
- Meet with an experienced, knowledgeable estate planner to explore all of the possibilities.
- How community property states are different.
- Why a prenuptial agreement is a good idea, especially for second and later marriages.
- The most overlooked aspect of financial planning for second marriages. You don’t want to miss this!
You won’t want to miss a minute of the conversation about this oh-so-important topic.
Do you have a question for Devin and John? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show, and leave a rating and a review!